Made for the solo hiker, Goondie 1 breaks the lightweight mould by offering comfort and practicality without a massive weight penalty.
There is room to sit up and read or get dressed, a single door for entry and a storage hatch for your stove or boots.
Nylon inner and 30 D fly – the solo hiker’s sanctuary. When the weather closes in in the mountains, this tent will keep you warm, dry and comfortable.
- 30 D Fly: made from a slightly heavier and more durable 30-denier polyester. With a 1500 mm sil/PU water head, these gorgeous orange numbers are not only easier to spot, they have higher UV resistance, making them better suited to four-season use.
- Nylon Inner: the full, breathable nylon inner has DWR treatment for better insulation and protection from condensation. Suitable for year-round use.
- The floor used in our tent range is tough enough to stand up to life in the bush without needing a footprint underneath. Made from 75-denier, 5000 millimetre, PU-coated HT nylon, the bathtub construction is watertight, with high side walls to prevent splash back.
- The optional Tub Footprint is made from the same 70 D Polyester PU, designed to be used with the fly for a light-and-fast setup.
- All our poles are supplied by DAC, the industry leader. DAC Featherlite NSL poles are light, strong and reliable, made using a new environmentally friendly anodising process.
- Our forged alloy pegs are made using the same method as rock climbing hardware – perhaps a little over-engineered? Despite their strength, they’re easy to push in. We supply ten, although they are freestanding tents that can be pitched with two. What else do you want?
- Fly Material: 30D Polyester Sil/PU
- Floor Material: 75D Polyester PEU
- Weight: 1.55 Kg